Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Studio 328 is here!

YAY! It's here, and it's a Honey! It came by UPS yesterday and I spent the afternoon playing with putting it together and checking it out... So far I've knitted a scarf for Cara and a set of baby booties. I got the scarf seamed and the pompoms made last night...I still have to seam the booties. It's so exciting to have a machine exactly like the first one that I learned to machine knit on... so many memories...so many ideas! Anyway, thought I'd share some pixs....The scarf - made for an 8 year old -is just 70 sts. wide and 400 rows knit with sock weight 4ply at T 7 -E wrap cast on every other needle, then put all needles in work on 2nd row...at the end, I transferred every other needle putting empty needles in out of work position. Knit one row--take off on waste yarn...Thread tails through end stitches and draw up tightly. Secure tail...Mattress stitch seam together... Make pom poms and attach.

What a pretty old girl!!!! I love her already!!!

Close up of baby bootie in progress... I found this pattern at
http://www.rayofhope.co.uk/

She knits beautifully!!

Sorry the pix is so dark...The background is a swirl afghan knitted on a Singer 155 Bulky machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment