Saturday, November 6, 2010

Machine Knitting too!

Well, I spent Monday through Thursday morning with the two grandkids that live in Donie...too much fun! Cooked Posole, Tamales, hard candy suckers; ate out two wonderful meals, one Mexican food and the other a great sandwich with dipping sauce; listened to Christmas music and embroidered quilt blocks.... Came home and started cleaning on my punchcard bulky knitting machine- hadn't used it in years-- and found Dianaknits on Youtube. She had a wonderful video on a Swirl Baby Blanket almost exactly like I used to make...but lost the pattern to...Anyway, here's pixs of the quilt blocks and Baby Blanket....
Almost 4 foot wide...with I used to call Pie Crust Edge...Dianaknits calls it Noodle Edge.







Hoping this will be the block in Jason's pillowcase....
I've recently found a Studio 328 24 stitch punchcard machine just like my first knitting machine of many years ago...on EBay in super looking condition, with the ribber and lots of attachments... so am hoping to do much more machine knitting in the future. When we lived in Las Cruces, NM I was part of a machine knitting group that included I guess around 2 dozen members at least! It was a very large part of my life for quite awhile. When we moved to Central Texas, no one around here even knew what a knitting machine was!.. There certainly was no group for moral support and encouragement.... It seems machine knitting either has come back into favor, or I've just found the Yahoo groups on the Web... Anyway, it's very fun again now that I have people to talk to about it and I'm hoping to again become prolific!

No comments:

Post a Comment