Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hope you had a Great Holiday!

We sure did! Our son and his family came on Wednesday for a early Thanksgiving Dinner, complete with homemade yeast rolls, Turkey, dressing...etc...yum!!! Then on to daughter's house in Donie to enjoy going to the Homestead Heritage Thanksgiving Fair...Oh WOW...was it nice! The kids got to dip candles and make a wreath....and I got some beautiful fingering weight plum colored hand dyed superwash yarn that I'm hand knitting a scarf for my grand daughter Cara.... I took a picture of it in progress to share with you... It's sooo yummy to hand knit with! I also took a picture of the machine knitted baby blanket for the hospital in Baby Blue...I'll make a pair of booties to go with it, probably tomorrow -when everything has settled down a little-- (this week was wild! LOL)--Then I have to get a Baby Pink one for a little girl knitted... I also dipped some pine cones in melted candle wax last week for fire starters for a couple of friends of mine at church, then Marvin & Rachel picked up two bags full of pinecones at Donie, so guess it's time to heat up the wax again so we'll have enough fire starters for our wood stove! I also have another sweatshirt jacket going for my sister....Life is always an adventure! The only time I'm really unhappy, is when I'm bored!;) (and that can be easily rectified!!!) LOL!!! Here's hoping your Holiday Projects go well this next week!!!
Machine knit tuck stitch baby blanket using sport weight baby blue yarn.

Hand knit scarf for grand daughter for Christmas....beautiful yarn!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment