Saturday, October 11, 2014

New Bag!

The Quilt Shop in Ballinger, Texas had a class today to make My Paris Traveler's Bag designed by Joanna Figuerroa for Fig Tree Quilts. I have to say up front that this is not a project for the faint of heart! But I was very pleased with my results. We started at 9am and I left for home around 5pm... Along hard day of fun and work.
I think it turned out pretty cute! Now I think these would make great gifts for any one that travels at all! They are nice, big, roomy and sturdy with a zipper top closure and large side pockets. I know mine will get plenty of use! The only real problem I had was getting my machine to sew through all the layers in places, so my next one will have thin batting rather than thick- even though I like the look of the thick batting... Wish me luck to get some more made soon for some special people!

No comments:

Post a Comment