Monday, October 6, 2014

Aww... Puppy power!


I didn't plan to bring a puppy home- Really, I just went to Quilting group last Tuesday with no thought of acquiring another dog! Sometimes these things just happen! My friend Shawna had gotten a puppy at the Abilene shelter for her niece a few days before and wouldn't you know, in the meantime, the niece got another dog. Now my friend already has 3 tiny dogs in her house and was lamenting that she hated to do it, but she guessed she'd have to take the sweet pup back to the pound... I asked what kind of dog this pup was, and she said, "Chihuahua." Dern, I thought, that's what I was afraid of... When she ran to the house to get the pup for me to meet, there wasn't even a doubt that I would be taking said pup home. When I saw her, I knew she was perfect! I've had three other chihuahuas in the past and loved them all dearly. Tomorrow will be a week since I adopted Lil Bit, and I can truly say she is wonderful! She is 4 months old, black with white tips to her toes on all four legs and white hair included on her chest swirls... She loves to play fetch, and tries very hard to please. She's only had 1 accident in the house since I got her, and that was on her first day. I pretty much keep her leash tethered to a belt loop on my jeans or in my arms or on my lap most of the time. She is Soo black until she doesn't photograph well but I'll share one 
She's asleep in my lap at the fairgrounds. It's very hard work entertaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment