Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pink Japanese Clone

Well, today was DH's birthday, so we went to eat at Owl Drug for breakfast, then made a quick trip to the bank in Santa Anna before I headed to my Tuesday quilting group. Hubby had taken the day off for his birthday, but wanted me to go to quilting group anyway... When I got back, he was in the garden. He had re- tilled it and was starting to plant the bunches of onions we had bought at the grocery store on Sunday. It was such a beautiful day and in the low 70's, that Lil Bit and I joined him in finishing the planting, then we ate the last of his birthday cake from Sunday with him for a snack...fudge cake...yum!
Now for the pink Singer clone part of the story! A couple years ago, we had bought a pink Singer clone at a garage sale, in a pretty nice wooden cabinet for I believe $5.00... Well, the machine had some issues with wiring, etc., so I decided it was time for me to check it out and maybe work at restoring it to working condition. It was in bad need of wiring, and truly needs a new paint job...so guess I have another project going.
I took lots of pics while disassembling to start the paint stripping process, and cleaned the yucky parts with carb cleaner then oiled it heavy... Ran out of time before I got too far, but here's the pics of the order I've gone in so far...
Thread holder and right hood /top screw.

Left hood/top  screw.
Nose removed.
Motor mount just hung back incorrectly after motor removal.
The back...also shows the cam cover.

This is the tiny screw holding the light to its bracket.

This is the black stitch cam stack.


This is behind the stitch selector knob.
These are the screws holding the stationary tension rod.
This is the stitch length regulator taken off... Note there is a shaft and spring involved with the knob.
This screws out...I think it's the reverse button...
Feed dog drop buttons...
Teeny tiny itsy bitsy cotter pin holding feed dog assembly 
Onto feed dog arm.
Stuck the pin back in to help remind me...
There was a tiny screw holding the chrome back portion of 
The stitch width knob as well.
Then it was time to go to Brownwood to Chili's for fajitas
For supper...pretty productive, and very enjoyable day!
Tomorrow we're supposed to have 100% chance of rain...
And much colder temps... Bring it on... But today was gorgeous!





No comments:

Post a Comment