Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

    My theme for for 2015? FLEXIBLE!!! Well, we went from icy overpasses, to thick ice everywhere!!! This being stuck at home is NOT helping me eat right! Marvin seems a bit better this morning...his fever is down right now...I'm sure he will be stuffy and will run down easily--- another day on the couch for him... Quilting for me...
    Sewing Goals for 2015? Charity quilts for Child and Adult Protective Services...sooo needed in our area... Quilting organization using  Bonnie Hunter's Scrap Users System.... And using my vintage machines lots more!!! We moved my treadle 1926 Singer #127 machine and my Singer 503A Rocketeer into my sewing room along side with Mom's mid 1960's Emdeko that's already in use...it's a great Rush to use these vintage machines and think about the ones that used them new and what wonders they must have been to them... They've truly survived the test of time!
    UFO's as of today? Roll Roll Cotton Boll...center complete, starting border piecing....Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt...Completed through Clue 5... Anxiously awaiting Clue 6! ... Scrap Crystals...still in beginning stages....projects in queue? Texas Tumbleweeds, Celtic Solstice.... Hunter's Star...etc...etc...
   The main theme here is Bonnie Hunter is my Quilting Hero... Wonder Woman is her name in my book! I can't for the life of me figure out how she gets so much done! Does she sleep? If I did all she does, I wouldn't have time to go potty, much less, blog and write books!!! So here's to you, Bonnie, and to my exciting Quilty New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment