Saturday, January 17, 2015

1912 Singer 127

DH went by the Thrift Shop this morning and brought home this sweet little machine!
It came in a nice cabinet, and has been motorized with a knee pedal...
I checked her number out and she's a little over 100 years old... Dated from November 26, 1912.
I have another 127 that's still in its treadle cabinet... It was dated March 30, 1926 and still runs great, so when I saw this one was missing the shuttle, bobbin, and front slide, I wondered if it would run or not... No worry there...a good oiling and some parts borrowed from my 1926 one, and she was off and running! She still stitches pretty good, don't you think?
I think both of my 127s are amazing!
We also got the new foot pedal in for my white featherweight yesterday, and now Gracie is up and running smooth as silk! Her original toe button pedal was doing jack rabbit starts and stops and was full out in the middle! apparently those old pedals have a carbon buffer type setup and the carbon breaks down with age, making it an all or nothing sewing speed which breaks the thread... A lot! So I'm feeling pretty fortunate! thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment