Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's been a LONG TIME!

Sorry it's been so long since I've written...Since I last wrote, things have changed for me...I've quit my job...too stressful... and had the best garden Marvin & I have ever had! Also, I've canned literally hundreds of jars of everything I could get my hands on... pickles, beans, jellies, jams, relishes, blackeyed peas, even squash. I'm also working on several Christmas Craft projects now that the garden slowed down. Embroidery, quilting, etc. Day before yesterday I went to a class here in town with my quilter's group. I'll try to take pictures so you can follow what I'm doing... It's a sweatshirt made into a jacket. I didn't like the red broadcloth that I included on it very much because it was too plain...so I had to add some machine embroidery-- a yellow rose of Texas on one side and the word 'Texas' on the other. I hope to work on the back this afternoon, once I get back from the dentist- yuck. A filling fell out last week while we were at Homestead Heritage just north of Waco, Tx. They were having their Sorghum Festival--oh wow- was that ever fun! (The Festival that is--not losing the filling!LOL) They do everything there!!! Weaving, spinning, pottery, woodwork, blacksmithing...etc. I'm hoping to go there for Thanksgiving weekend...they're having a huge setup showing all kinds of handcrafts then... For me, that's Heaven! Well, (music to the Death March inserted here!) guess it's time for me to get ready for, Gulp, the CHAIR! - Dentist chair that is....whine, snivel, moan, cry, bawl outloud!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment