Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Busy Day

Today I get to go to Abilene...Have to get the oil changed at the dealership on the pickup and have the new bicycle checked out...I really love the bike (and the truck!) I've already put around 450 miles on 'Gracie' (as I call her) since we brought it home about 6 weeks ago. I know that's not many miles for some cyclist, but it's plenty for me to have gotten used to it. It pretty much fits like a glove... When I ride hubby's bike I always feel like it's skiddish...like it would love to get out from under me... but this new one feels like an old and trusted friend. Hubby & I rode 24.9 miles last night...up Horne Hill to Valera for supper at Big O's (yum!) then through what we call 'the Alps' north to the Winter's Hwy. and back home. I have to confess a huge weakness for riding to a destination for a diet soda, but it's even better when we can have a meal... something about going somewhere with a purpose in mind on the bikes makes it more enjoyable, I think. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment