Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Son's band chosen for Band of the Week!

Our son is a supporting band director at Big Spring...has been for 10 years...We're very proud of him and his family. This last week, his band was selected as Band of the Week by Newswest9 News. Check out this awesome video clip of the band playing! http://www.newswest9.com/Global/category.asp?c=112796
Sam is going to be the Band Director 'in charge' for this Friday night's game...Rocky Harris the  Head Director will be unable to be at the game and has trusted Sam to take charge for the night! Good luck Sam! Wish we could be there! On October 16th the band will be performing their half time show for UIL Marching Contest at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa. This is always an exciting time of year, and this year it's especially exciting since the band will be competing as a 3A school instead of a 4A school. The band has been extremely successful competing at the 4A level, so we're looking forward to great things to come. The competition won't be any easier, but they will be competing with different bands, which will be a new challenge.... one that I believe they're very ready for!....Did I mention that I LOVE BAND?  My paternal grandmother played the organ, my mother played the piano, I played the bass clarinet in high school and play piano, and now my son is more than carrying on the musical tradition...His greatgrandmother,  and grandma and Papaw would be proud....I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment