Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's quilting day!

I just love to go to quilting group once a week... They're the best bunch of ladies to be around, for one thing, but they also encourage me to 'stretch' my abilities and give me inspiration. Last week we made the front for our current project and I posted a pix of it. During the week, I completed the back and am posting it's pix here for you... Today we should learn more about assembly, which I must confess, seems a bit of a mystery to me now....Some how we're supposed to use the bottom ribbing of the sweatshirt that we started with, for the neck binding... I'll post a pix when it's done...
My quilts for Christmas gifts are coming along fine and I've actually started cutting the strips and putting them together in a simple 9 patch alternated with a plain patch to make the pillowcases to match the quilts from... I'll try to get pictures up once I get a bit further along on the project... Showcased in the quilts will be squares of hand embroidered designs, and they are almost all completed now.
Guess I'd better go and get myself together for quilting group now...Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment