Monday, February 9, 2015

What a beautiful Day!

Canela, Li'l Bit and I are enjoying one of the prettiest days I can remember!
We just can't seem to stay inside... The warmth and beauty of the sun has us in its trance.
For a couple days now I've been working on a charity quilt... And today it came together. It's from a Kaye Wood You Tube video tutorial on how to make a 6 hour quilt. I think it took me a bit longer, but not much, and now that I get how it works, the next ones will go faster. It's made mostly with a serger in a quilt as you go fashion... I did opt to use a standard sewn binding, which I sewed initially on with my little Singer 99 handcrank machine... Then I finished the binding on my Bernina... It's more of a comforter than a quilt in my mind, but it will be nice and cuddly...
Believe it or not, it's exactly the same on both sides... And I get to use up all those narrow strips of batting that are left from quilting on my longarm... That's a huge bonus in my book! This one came out to be 50"x72" just about right for a throw or twin bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment