Friday, February 27, 2015

Ice again....

And moisture in the forecast for the next few days.... Grr...
Marvin bought me a Fitbit Wednesday when we went to Walmart in Brownwood to get supper and groceries while the weather was fairly good. We went to Golden Chick for supper for Marvin's first time. I had been once with a friend of mine a few months ago. We got the thigh and wing roasted chicken, green beans and a roll. The chicken and beans were good but the roll was fantastic! Next time I want to try their chicken breast and drumstick... Thighs are ok, but...I'd rather have breast meat...just didn't see it on the menu until we'd already ordered....
On another topic, we have a very old clothes washer and one day last week it made a high pitched squealing noise while in agitation cycle... Since then it's been quiet as a mouse...so I suspicion I had overloaded it. I didn't think so at the time, but as I said... It was probably old when we got it... And we've used it quite a bit... So we walked a half block to Higginbothems and bought a new GE ... It was right at closing time so we didn't take it home, then yesterday was not good weather...today is the same, so may not pick it up until tomorrow... In the meantime, the old one isn't making a peep! I'm thinking the thrift store that benefits the humane society might like the donation...who knows how long it will run for someone else!?!
On the subject of quilting, yesterday, I got only part of the Captain America block done, but I did get a water bottle sling completed to take water with me on walks with Little Bit once the weather clears.
This picture shows a Skinny Girl drink bottle instead of water, but you can get the idea.
The strap is WOF so it's long enough to wear cross shoulder...so it won't be too heavy on me to walk with. It should fit most 16 oz. bottles... Now, if warm weather will just come along...



No comments:

Post a Comment