Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Quilting and lawnmowers....

Another beautiful day today! I went to my Tuesday quilting group this morning and took Gertie with me... Needless to say, Gertie was a hit and enjoyed many loving hands trying her out! When I came home, I was going to sew on the patio some more, but the weeds were so high in the yard until I decided that it would be the better part of valor for me to try to get one of the mowers to run. We have 3 push mowers and one riding mower. Of course the riding mowers' battery was dead...so it was a no go... Two of the three push mowers we have here are actually the property of our grandson Benjamin. His big one was too hard for me to pull the rope fast enough to get it to turn over and start. Marvin started it without any problem when he got home. Ben's smaller mower was out of gas and I didn't have any more. So the only push owner I could get to turnover was my old green push mower and it would start for 2 seconds and die...over and over... Well, after last year's experience with the tiller and weed eaters doing that, I knew the carburetor was gunked up from gas sitting in it over the winter. So, it was time to clean up the carburetor... So, to You tube I went, to find donyboy and his awesome tutorials on such matters...sure enough, there was one on my exact carb. By the time Marvin came home I was putting the air filter back on to try and start it after taking it all apart and cleaning it with carb cleaner and kerosene! I can't tell you how proud and thankful I was when it started on Marvin's first pull of the rope and stayed running! Yay me! And Thank You, Lord!
At this point, I had the tank off,  I wanted pictures of how many screws, etc.
The other side view of the carburetor and its screws.
And the front view...
After my pics of how it was supposed to go back together, I got down to work...
And it's running good now. What's up for tomorrow you ask? Mowing, of course! ;)
Just wish Benjamin and Cara were here to help too!


No comments:

Post a Comment