Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Avengers...

Since I've been thinking about and making charity quilts this year, I've been focusing on boy patterns. I looked on Pintrest and found some really cute Lego Avenger paper pieced blocks through Craftsy.  I'm so sorry I can't remember the full name of the lady that designed them on her EQ program, but she's Kristy at QuietPlay.blogspot.com. I spent all day yesterday, sewing up Ironman, and all day today was spent with Batman... And while I have a lot to learn on paper piecing and I still have to embroider on Ironman's black around his eyes, and Batman's eyes and mouth, I think they'll be recognizable to the recipient... I'm pleased.
I've already printed out the patterns for Thor, Captain America, Superman, Spider-Man, and Robin...
Not sure how many I'll make to go into a quilt... I know there's also the Incredible Hulk, on the site and Wonder Woman, but I didn't see the Falcon, or the Black Widow... Anyway, if I get tired of those blocks, she also made the Star Wars characters that I'm thinking would make great quilts. the patterns say they make up at 10-1/2" unfinished, but mine end up at 9-1/2" unfinished. I'm sure it has to do with me printing from my iPad which doesn't have a size option on it...It is what it is. So 9" finished blocks it will be! ;) I'm putting the patterns in a notebook to keep because I'm thinking I might have to make more than one of these...



No comments:

Post a Comment