Wednesday, July 16, 2014

More peach jam....

30 jars more!!! Yikes! Believe it or not, I'm getting tired 
of peaches! Who knew that old tree could produce so 
many peaches! I can attest that it's cheaper to buy 
peach jam at the store... But the taste of home grown 
and made makes it worth every penny!!! Let's see ...
 30 jars at $7/doz. ($17.50), 5 pacs Sure Jell 
at $3.59 ($17.95), 3- 4# bags sugar at $1.88 ($5.64)
 total cost $41.09 for 30 1-cup jars of jam. Cost per 
jar of jam $ 1.37..... Yep, I think it can be bought 
cheaper... The value to me of getting to can... 
The peaches being from a tree my Dad planted 
and cared for... Knowing what is and isn't in 
my food... The self sufficient feeling that comes
 from a job well done that the majority of Americans
 these days have no clue how to do...  Priceless!!!!!😍
I did finish the last quilted bag as well...
And it's MINE! YAY!!!! 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment