Friday, February 12, 2016

Guest House

Marvin and I have been talking ever since we moved here in Daddy's old house that we need a guest house...(our house has only 1 bedroom) The house we planned to use that's on the property is in bad enough shape that we feel it's better use is to be a storage building and a place for Marvin to work on wiring sewing machines... I also have my ceramic kiln, glass torch and my commercial leather machine in there...so it's easier to buy another house and fix it up than to bring that one up to a livable condition... We looked at cabins on skids in Abilene Bangs, Santa Anna, and Early and finally decided this one would suite the site we'd picked to a tee...it's an empty shell right now, but we have plans... I think it's kinda cute too!
It's 12'x24' with a 4' porch across the front, making the cabin portion 12'x20'. We'll have to put a bathroom in it, wiring, insulation ...we'll, take a look inside...
Yep, bare studs... But we know what to do with that! It may take some time, but it will get finished!
Color me happy! We paid for it today, and they haven't called to let me know when they can deliver it yet... But I'm sitting on go!
And This is my Happy Valentines Day from my Sweetheart! Is he great or what!?!?
It's going to be awesome on making t shirt quilts!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment