Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quilty Christmas Party... And Concert!

Yesterday was a long, fun day! We had our Tuesday Quilting Group party...Lots of great food, fun, and fellowship! One of our ladies brought an inherited stash of various and sundry sewing supplies and let us shop through it-- wow! I scored a metal tatting shuttle with a point on the end...I'd never seen one exactly like it... Several spools of yellow thread...was totally out of that.... Two tiny little brushes to get lint out from around the bobbin and feed dog areas, never seen those before either!....5 --1994 Quiltmaker magazines... My current subscription mag... Some netting for crocheting  pot scrubbers and longarm quilting designs... And best of all, a package of hand applique pins! I've been looking for replacement ones for quite some time now as I've seemed to have misplaced mine....as in, it's easier to buy new ones than keep looking for them ...only it's really not, because  I couldn't find any online... BIG SCORE!
Then we loaded up Lil Bit and headed to Big Spring for our Son's 6th grade band's Christmas Concert! What a joy to watch those youngsters' excited faces as they sat up very tall, tapped their feet, and professionally played their first ever Band Concert! I haven't smiled so much and enjoyed a concert so much since my own children were that age! It was totally amazing! There were solos, trios, rounds, and runs all coming from students in front of a standing room only crowd of probably not less than 500 parents, Grandparents, siblings and friends... Totally amazing! The group literally stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park! Afterwards, we got the fun of eating with our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson at a fabulous Chinese buffet! All too soon, it was time to hit the road and haul it back home to Coleman... I bet I even grinned all night in my sleep! Thank you Lord, for giving us the good times to remember and cherish!

No comments:

Post a Comment